Sunday, June 19, 2011

Chili con Tempeh

Tampeh is one of my favorite source of protein. At first I simply cut it into strips and cook it with Bragg liquid aminos and balsamic vinegar, I love it, simple and full of flavor, but lately I have been trying to find new ways to prepare it.
So this is my chili con Tempeh.

I rarely mesure anything when I cook, so feel free to substitute ingredients etc.

In a pan I heat 1/2 tsp of coconut oil, add 1/2 onion finely chopped, 1 or 2 cloves of garlic minced and half orange sweet pepper cut into small cubes. Let sautee' on a medium/low heat for few minutes. Add a package of Tempeh 8oz (I use WetSoy organic) crumbled, mix it with the onion etc. let cook for few minutes then add chili spices (chili powder, cumin) I used Simply organic vegetarian chili, add one can of three beens organic, undrained, mix well and let cook on a low heat for aboult 10 minutes, you can add hot water as needed if too dry.

Serve on a huge plate of crispy lettuce and sprinkle with some shredded vegan cheese if you like (little bit goes a long way), I use little bit of flaxseed oil on the lettuce to boost my omega 3 intake.

Buon Appetito :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment