Sunday, June 12, 2011

Starting All Over Again

It's been a year or so since my last entry. I have let myself go, not feeling well and having few issues didn't help. I managed to overcome few of them, still battling other. In general I have never felt the same as I was before, not sure what cause my physical decline but it is annoying and at time frightnening.
Just recently, Tueasday the 7th, I have gather my will power and decide to get back in shape, the idea of been just plain out of shape and giving up on myself, just can't be!
So I am going to write all my food and all my workouts here, on a daily basis if I can, to ensure I stick with my program and also and most important of all, that I actually remember what I did and if it works well, can repeat and or share with others.

So here it goes.

My Food
I do change here and there but mostly keep the same type of foods and combiantions.

Breakfast
Protein shake with one serving of either Naturade Soy free Veg Protein booster or NitroFusion Mutli source protein powder, frozen banana slices (I buy lots of bananas, we eat some fresh and the rest I cut into slices and freeze them on a cookie sheet, then put them in a ziplock bag), a TSBS of almond butter, stevia and 1 1/2 cups of unsweetned almond milk.

Mid Morning snack
30 gr of sunflower or pumpkin seeds, one container of organic rasperries (6 oz)

Lunch
3-4 oz of tempeh, cooked with spices (I use sloppy joe type or mexican etc.)
large salad with spinach, cucumbers, sweet peppers etc, lemon jucice and olive, flax or almond oil. steamed veggies.

Mid afternoon snack
Protein banana "ice cream" I put a cup of frozen banana slices in a food processor with one serving of my protein powder, also Hemp would e a great choice or a mix of them as hemp doesn't have as much protein amount as pea protein etc. almond butter, stevia and enough unsweetned almond milk to make a creamy soft ice cream. If this is my post workout meal I skip the fat and use mostly protein and carbs.

Dinner
One cup of Lentil stew (I cook the lentils in a little it of coconut oil, add enough water to cook, little bit like a risotto, add water as it evaporates, I also add some sun dried tomatoes or veggies etc. if you like)
Or 1/3 to 1/2 of sprouted tofu block (a 14oz one)pan fried in a non stick pan, with little it of coconut oil, garlic, cumin or garam masala spices, salt. A large salad, steamed veggies, 1/4 of a steamed sweet potato (medium size).

I don't eat the potato everyday, I usually do 3 days of very low starchy carbs, then on the 4th day I carb up, adding the sweet potato for lunch and dinner. I am not eating bread or oatmeal, only because I really don't digest them well, and when I am on a higher protein diet with lots of fiberous carbs, I do a lot better.

I haven't been very hungry in the morning, usually it happens at the beginning when my body has to adjust to the higher protein intake.

On Sunday I make pancakes for the boys and I have few. They are made with whole wheat flour, amaranth flour, almond flour, unsweetned almond milk, stevia, apple sauce, soy yogurt, flaxseed meal, cinnamon, vanilla, baking powder.
I served mine with a blueberry cinnamon compote and cut bananas, and an almond chai latte, Yumm!

So this is my food log, it has been working pretty good so I am not changing it for now, until I am where I want to e body fat wise.

Body Stats as for today (Start weight 159.5, start Body fat 27%)

Weight 156 lb
Body fat 20.2% after (less than 6 days on the plan)

For my workout routin I use a plan I took from bodybuilding.com
It is a circuit training alternating muscle groups, moderate cardio on alternate days and rest in between. I like it so far, I will following it for the 12 weeks then if my body fat and the overal feeling are were I wanted to be I will switch to the muscle building plan.
I like their plan because it allows me to train in a short amount of time, working all the muscles group quite well and with intense, lots of compound exercises so I love it.

I am fairly high motivated, I am trying to keep my eyes on the prize and enjoy the process too and also keeping it realistic without loafty goals.

So this is it for today, I am really looking forward to shed more BF and build some serious muscle. Maybe in a year I will be where I always wanted to be and never quite reach it :-)

I will measure my weight every Tuesday (I dont own a scale so I do my weight in at work :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment