Wednesday, June 15, 2011

First week

Today is one week I started the program. No new progress after my initial loss of 3.5 lb and 7% of body fat which it is already pretty good anyway. I Usually don't drop pounds really fast, and in a way it bothers me but I know better.
The workouts got a lot better, after the first one, now I am able to lift heavier and complete the entire routin, so huge improvment since day one, where I couldn't finish the third round.
Food wise I am doing good. I have not had a piece of bread in more than a week and I feel great.
I still have hard time waking up earlier and I am hoping that in a couple of weeks that will change back, I used to be a morning person that woke up at 4 am to do my workout, go to the kitchen to do the chocolates (for who doesn't know me I own a small chocolate company, yeah I know) and then ready to start my day time job at 7. Now not so much. I still have to do all those things but not as quite as efficient as I once was.
For example yesterday, was a tiring day, I worked all weekend making chocolates for Father's day, stayed up late woke up early, finish up everything, went to work, finish some more chocolates in between, delivery all the chocolates to the stores, go home fit my workout before hubby and kidos came home, get in my meal and theres everyone at home now, gotta to clean up the kitchen, mopping and do laundry, fit my dinner (still too late) and have a few moment to relax before heading to bed , which was still too late! Well I am little bit tired today as well, but I am sure it would have been worse if I wasn't eating the proper food and working out.
Here are my thoughts for today. I have realized that my body is doing much better than in the past several months, not only because I am working out, but also because my protein intake is higher than has been in a while. Since I turned vegan I learn alot about food and how to prepare different type of plan base ingredients, I am thrilled about that, but my body does a lot better on a slightly higher protein, lower carbs diet, which sometimes vegan diets aren't. I know many vegan don't agree with a high protein diet and I understand, but my body needs this, everyone is different, never forget that, it is critical to find what works best for you.
Here is how I alternate my plan base proteins; sprouted tofu, tempeh (I go with the organic whenever possible), lentils, quinoa, chickpeas and beans in small amount. Also I try to keep my fruit intake to not more that 3 piece a day, usually in the morning with my protein shake, mid morning with my seeds and mid afternoon after workout, if it was up to me I would eat fruit all the time, but cannot forget that fruit has lot of sugar in it and it does make a difference when you are trying to drop body fat, remember too much sugar if not used turn into fat even fruit :-P.
The protein shakes also help a lot, for my morning and mid afternoon meal.
The one I use the most for now is made from peas, rice, cranberry and artichoke proteins, 25 gr of proteins per serving, interesting huh.
Today is my cardio, yesterday I lifted weights in a circuit and I pushed really hard so I am pretty sore :-)
I am looking forward to some rest later today, after my workout of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment