Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sunday

Finally Sunday (my Saturday :-)), made some wholesome pancakes for us, having a almond chai latte and catching up with things.
The workout is going good, I am able to lift heavier in just one week and that gives me hope.
I am trying to leave my pride out of the gym and instead work at my best. Of course things are not going to be the same they were 10 years ago or heck even 3 years ago. I am fighting a demon here and I am not really sure if it is psychological or actually a physical problem. My heart has been giving me hard time for almost a year now, I discovered that most of the symptoms were cause by a general anxiety, we are talking about around the clock heart palpitations! A nightmare. Then after extensive reading I came to the conclusion that all the symptoms and anxiety were cause by perimenopause, that at the contrary of what many people are led to belive, can plague a woman's life as early as 30, and last several years.
So I bought few books on the subject that deal with the situation with natural remedies. One mandatory fix that all the authors agree with, was diet and exercise, DUH! Rule number one is to avoid simple sugars and carbs like the plague, they stress your adrenal glands even more, then the use of different supplemnts and natural progesterone cream, if needed. It took me more or less 3 months taking the supplements like magnesium, calcium, B complex, an adrenal fatigue supplement (My adrenal were so burned out after a year of high stress due to the symptoms and heart overwork), multivitimin and a natural progesterone cream (not a under control and the dizziness gone for good. Also the anxiety level went down 100%. I did have few panic attack last year and once I realized what they were I manage to win over them, but after the supplements and cream I have not had another episode. I do feel anxious at time but I feel I can control that.
The only problem I am dealing with right now, is a nasty feeling of shortness of breath, more precisely I can't take a deep breath, it feels like my lungs can't fill up or empty out, this usually cause me a little bit of anxiety because it comes in waves and I start to feel winded after few attempts of deep breathing. Now of course I have not seen a doctor yet, once we don't have insurance, second I always feel silly if this end up to be an anxiety reletad problem. Anyway this happen also when I workout, so you can imagine how that feels when I am trying to pump the volume with weights or doing my cardio. I will eventually see a doctor and I am more incline to go see an holistic one, with a different approach, I think that suites me better.
Well I thought these imformation might be of use to other women that are experiencing weird and scary symptoms in their lives right now. This was. without a doubt the scariest, most confusing and debilitating experience I have ever had in my life, so I think I should share it.

Ok going back to the workout, diet and supplements. I have bought some vegan multivitamin, vegan CLA (helps metabolize fat more efficently) and vegan DHA, since vegan might be at risk of low levels. The diet is still the same, I have indulged in few piece of chocolate, my vegan one, since well after all I need to do a quality check right!? LOL
I am happy with the fact that my workouts seem to be easy to follow even though they are challenging, I like where I am going.

No comments:

Post a Comment