Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Workout

I finally organized everything for my lifestyle change. I have been procrastinating for couple of days to start my workout plan, but finally today I got my first serious workout, this morning, before heading to work at 6:40.
My muscles are rebelling, but I feel an overall feeling of welness.
Amazing how small changes can make a big difference.
I haven't been too well in the past few months and I don't know why.
I think I can change all of that, taking care of my self with a nice planned diet and workout routine.
I am reading "Thrive, the vegan nutrition guide to optimal performance in sports and life" from Brendan Brazier, I am just at the beggining and already loving it. I like books with technical and scientific background, and this is one of those. I don't know if I can go 100% raw but he also says you can use some of the recipes and menu to integrate your diet.
Going to finish reading it today so I can plan a better nutrition strategy. I think I want to try the "Recovery Pudding" right away, no more starving for hours after a heavy workout, I am changing my attitude about workout and food. It is going to be a lifestyle attitude and not just a 12 weeks fast fix.

My workout for now is consisting of a total body approach, since I haven't been working out seriously for quite a while (yes shame on me I know better!). Three days a week changing exercises, number of sets and rest time in between. It targets strenght, resistance and fat loss. I am going to follow it until my body is well on its way and has plenty of muscle mass. Then I will switch to a split workout routine, after reading that without the proper muscular structure to work on, it is useless to split muscles, especially for women.


Happy workout and happy life.
Vegan rocks my world!

No comments:

Post a Comment